As you know, over 1400 new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) should become available on the Internet during the second half of the year. More than half will be open to domain name registrations.
A tool is dedicated to the protection of your rights: the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH). We remind you that this centralized database of registered trademarks allows you, once your trademarks are registered, to benefit from the priority registration period – the Sunrise Period – and to be notified when a third party registers a domain name identical or similar (under certain conditions) to your marks – Trademark Claims Service.
The use of the TMCH involves legal and technical careful choices, particularly:
– Identifying trademarks to protect.
– Determining the opportunity of benefiting from the Sunrise Period services, which involves that the trademarks proof of use (necessary condition) has to be furnished when you are interested by a specific new gTLD.
– Determining how long the protection would be the most appropriate to your digital strategy?
– Determining which cybersquatted versions to choose?
The Dreyfus lawfirm is a Trademark Clearinghouse official agent. To meet your expectations, we can assist you for the implementation of your trademark protection strategy in the TMCH using our method in 3 steps:
- studying the trademarks to protect;
- a direct trademarks recording service in the TMCH to benefit from the Sunrise Period and the Trademark Claims Service advantages (available at the end of April). This will allow you to take full advantage of the TMCH as from the first launch of a new gTLD, starting the second half of the year;
- our dedicated and secure tool Dreyfus IPweb® in order to manage efficiently your trademarks registered in the TMCH.
We are at your disposal for any further information.
Open since March 26, it is time to use the TMCH wisely!