Firstly, it is important to note the 100 pioneers will be able to benefit from an address with .PARIS as from May 2014 during an exclusive period of 6 months whereas other domain names will be visible and accessible for sale only by the end of the year for the general opening.
Moreover, a Sunrise Period of 3 months will be opened for trademark owners as from the month of September 2014. The domain names reserved during this period will be allocated and available online only at its termination.
The new domain names are classified in various categories: Ambassadors (7), Business (8), Ecosystem and Individual Parisians (78), and Namespace Mandate (5). These will be granted to registrants for 3 to 5 years and they are:
- livraisons-restaurant.paris: Service connecting restaurateur making deliveries with clients,
- m.paris: Service allowing creation of an address like email@example.com,
- accessibilite.paris: Service of referencing accessible locations and equipment irrespective of the disability,
- reservation-hotels.paris: Service of hotel reservations in Paris approved by the Office of Tourism, and
- bandb.paris: Service of room reservations in guesthouses
In fact, there are 98 domain names out of which two have been reserved by the City of Paris for the general opening.
The City of Paris also proposes a procedure to oppose to pioneer names before the 21st March 2014. The request can be presented by any person providing evidence of its interest to act on absence of the Pioneer’s legitimate interest and on his bad faith.
The economic contributions of pioneers amount to 416 000 € in addition to the contribution in kind (for e.g. marketing communications aiming at enhancing the notoriety of the candidate’s project and the .paris project).
Find the list of the domain names in the press release of the City of Paris here.
Our consulting firm is at your disposition to advise you on the forthcoming Sunrise period.